Xarigami

xarigami forums

Development Discussion

Help me review my 2019 server setup please?

View member information for amandamurray 

Other Topics
Posted Jul 19, 2019 at 02:49:16 PM   Permalink for topic 650
Subject: Help me review my 2019 server setup please?

Hello!

I'm currently tasked with replacing our current server which is running Server 2008 R2 on old hardware but good specifications when it was installed.

The new server will be for a small business with 60 employees but a major number of employees are not working locally and just use an app to connect to an ERP like system installed on the server for syncing tasks and do not require to much CPU/RAM to operate.

Specs for server 2019:

Fujitsu Primergy RX1330
Intel Xeon-1220v6
16GB RAM
240GB SSD (Enterprise mixed workload-endurance)(Raid1)

What the server will be running:

Active directory / AZAD 365 synctool
DNS
MSSQL (300mb database) Accounting tool which should be gone by the end of 2019 and moved to a SaaS service online
File server (just to share a folder a spesific program require, everything else of files are in SharePoint)
Print server
Other minor programs used by 1-2 users without heavy requirements for hardware
Two backup software running at seperate times
I've decided not to run any Hyper-v instances on the current setup since all should run fine on the same server since the system requirements for all programs are small and do not require much processing power or storage. The AD have 60 users but only 20 of these authenticate to AD and the remaining are just directly accessing one program from their handheld devices.

Hopefully it's enough details to tell if the hardware should be fine for a setup like this, also we do not expect any major increase of employees the nest 2-3 years and by then all software should be hosted by the vendors in a SaaS solution.

Thanks
Amanda

Reference:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/699726/can-anyone-review-my-2019-server-setup/
best press release writing service

Back to top Profile
Samuel Darden
 View member information for Samuel Darden 
Joined May 16, 2020
Other Topics
Posted: May 16, 2020 04:01:53 AM  Permalink for this post

You should consult it IT or server admin personnel, they have lots knowledge in that field.. Like something new, then see this link to play free sports pc game.

Back to top Profile

Users Online

Currently 0 members and 79 guests online: